[thechat] spammers was: theforum teo - moved over

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 02:51:00 CST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, rudy wrote:

> > kudos for leaving the email addresses in the emails - they'll now be
> > spidered from the archives
>
> see http://spamyousilly.com/
>
> if i could only figure out whether this site was for real or not, i'd start
> signing up all the spammers like info at coolstop.com and see how they like it

Come on - you think they use a *real*, working email address?

Apple Mail lets you return mail as if it's bounced to try to give the
spammers the idea that yours is a non-valid address (although what
incentive there is for them to cleanse their lists when it's a
near-non-marginal cost for them to keep sending I don't know). I've got a
*lot* of bounces back from those.

Cheers
Martin