[thechat] hiding start button

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 08:52:02 CST 2003

I use True Launch Bar (http://www.truelaunchbar.com/ - no affiliation
etc..) and its worked out to be a really nice program.
Basically means you can have the launch bar items as menus, so I have
groups for audio, graphics, internet programs etc and everything is
still accessible in one click (I have it so menus open on hover). Also
have most programs set up with shortcut keys (Alt+E for edit-plus for
example).

Makes for a nice and easy to access set of programs whether it be by
mouse or keyboard depending on what Im doing.

At the end of the day though, everyones desktop is sacred to them in
different ways. I refuse to have anything on my desktop apart from My
Computer (although its not called that), the Recycle bin, network places
and a 'to sort' folder where stuff goes when Im too lazy to put it in
its right place :o)
Can't have anything else or I will obscure my beautiful TVR Tuscan S
(www.tvr.co.uk - horrible flash site, prefer the old one) I have as the
background! If only I could afford a real one :-/

R.Livsey