[thechat] hiding start button

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jan 10 09:21:00 CST 2003

rudy wrote:
> better yet, ditch that stupid quick launch thingie
>
> [snip]

lol, i love mine!  I hardly go into the Start Menu any more!

> by the way, i have my start bar on the left, so that it goes down the
> screen as shown above

ditto - check out any screengrab labeled 'challenger' at
http://neuro.me.uk/bitsnbobs/desktops/

> with the start bar at the bottom and auto-hide on, the mouse often
> brings it up inadvertently while trying to click on the horizontal
> scrollbar

I never have auto-hide on, so it's never a problem for me ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like