[thechat] RPGs (was: ham (was: anime (was: mindless wanking... er...sharks)))

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 17:27:00 CST 2003

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 01:04  pm, Drew Shiel wrote:

> At 12:51 08/01/2003 +0000, Norman Beresford wrote:
>
>   <disclosure>
>   I run three D&D 3rd Ed campaigns, two weekly, one bi-weekly, and sink
> most of my spare time into gaming in one form or another; my wife runs
> small online gaming shop, and I've been known (like today) to decide in
> favour of a new issue of Dungeon when given the choice between that
> and lunch.
>   </disclosure>

<disclosure>
Between 1989 and 1995 I worked for Games Workshop, at the design studio
in Nottingham. I wrote a popular Warhammer Roleplay scenario/feature,
*loads* of 'colour-text' for White Dwarf, artworked Realm Of Chaos Two,
had a great deal to do with the graphic design and artworking of
Advanced Heroquest, ran numerous games at Games Day, etc. etc.

I also helped convince the studio bosses that it was possible to do the
magazine on computer, and designed the Space Hulk computer map
construction kit, that they used to put maps together in White Dwarf.

If anyone still has White Dwarf issue 112 (with a Terminator icon on
the front cover), my 'joining the studio photo' is in it.

Does that mean I have earned my geek badge now?
</disclosure>

Andy W