[thechat] TVR's (was: hiding start button)

R.Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 17:56:00 CST 2003

Luther, Ron wrote:

>R.Livsey wrote:
>

>>>The problem with being 6'4"is that I dont fit in many sportscars
>>>

>I'm not quite that tall ... but I'm familiar with the problem.  ;-)

Heh - its fine for me most of the time, bad for my passengers who have
to sit behind me.
"yes I do need the seat all the way back!"

>I once tried to test drive a Fiat X1/9.  I had to have the salesman, literally,
>_pull_ me out of the car.  I had one knee wedged against the door, the other
>wedged against the center console ... and both my knees were touching. There
>was no way I could drive that thing anywhere.
>
>{Not that I was seriously considering buying one - I just wanted to test
>drive it.}
>
>I've seen a few TVRs and Jensens over here, but not too many.

A guy down the road from me has a Chimaera, thats where I was introduced
to the wonders of the TVR. I make do with my Renault Megane!

>RonL.
>(Who wouldn't mind either the Avanti he passed heading into downtown last
>night, or that new Ferrari that passed him while he was heading out of downtown.)

Passed a Porsche Boxter on the way back from the cinema (The Tuxedo,
pretty funny film!), now thats a car I wouldn't mind owning either!
The Tuscan S is *only* (heh only) £50k though, so its in a semi
affordable range!

R.Livsey