[thechat] RPGs (was: ham (was: anime (was: mindless wanking... er...sharks)))

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 10:57:01 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 06:14  am, aardvark wrote:

>> From: Andy Warwick <mailing.lists at creed.co.uk>
>>
>> <disclosure>
>> Between 1989 and 1995 I worked for Games Workshop, at the design
> [...]
>> If anyone still has White Dwarf issue 112 (with a Terminator icon on
>> the front cover), my 'joining the studio photo' is in it.
>>
>> Does that mean I have earned my geek badge now?
>> </disclosure>
>
> dunno... did you enjoy it?

At the start, yes.

By the end of my tenure I got completely disillusioned, and I might
have well as been designing cereal boxes.

> if so, then yeah... if you brag about it to girls, oh yeah...

Well, one thing we weren't exposed to at Games Workshop was girls
(other than the 'pretty-face' on reception...); I got the feeling a lot
of my colleagues were of the impression that interacting with the
female sex stopped at their mother and/or siblings. If a girl actually
showed an interest in what they were doing, the poor guys lost the
plot. One reason I left, actually; the dysfunctional atmosphere was
starting to get very unhealthy.

Andy W