[thechat] ASP-based weblogs

kevin D. white kevination at suchsmallhands.com
Mon Jan 13 15:58:01 CST 2003

Joe Crawford wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, kevin D. white wrote:
>
>>Anyone know of any free weblog software that includes discussion groups
>>and runs under the ASP or ASP.Net frameworks? I've got a friend that is
>>just about to pay $400 for some ASP-based discussion software for a
>>personal site. He refuses to accept anything other than ASP-based
>>solution.
>

> I always get the impression that free/GPL/open source software tends to
> not be free or good. Is that still the case?

I would say that's no more generally true of open source or free
software than of commercial and closed-source. There are is certainly
more coal than diamonds in both groups. I personally have favorite
applications and programming languages that fall into either camp.

The app my friend is looking at is great and well worth $400 but not for
a low-traffic personal site. He's just learning to script so building
his own discussion app is way outside his realm.

> And schnikes, is this off-topic?

It's TheChat. This is where Off-Topic roams free. ;-)

--
---
kevin D. white
email, kevination at suchsmallhands.com