[thechat] ASP-based weblogs

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jan 13 16:34:01 CST 2003

Hi Joe,

I think it might be more a case of 'applicable' than good.

I've heard of free ASP-based weblog software - but I dunno if it includes
discussion groups or not.

[In fact, Joel has offered the work he did on his music site once or twice to
use as a starting point.]

I figured there were two issues to finding an 'applicable' ASP weblog:

(1) The non-ASP stuff is pretty consistent in using MySQL.  The ASP stuff
may be split between Access, MS-SS7, and other stuff.  That might make it
a little tougher to use something 'out of the box'.

(2) It's pretty common for an ASP host to offer a third party email component.
If you find something nice that uses ASPMail and you want to use CDONTS - then
you're back to doing development work.

So, I think there may be more 'roll your own' in ASP because it might be
harder to find the features you are looking for in something tailored to
run in an environment compatible with yours.

<more on-topic>

Q:What do opposing NBA players say when they run into a pick set by the new
Rockets center?

A: Yao!

</topic>

RonL.