[thechat] File (esp. mp3) sharing apps

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 15:41:00 CST 2003

> What's everybody using these days? What's the hip new app that can't be
> beat? And, for that matter, when was the last time you heard someone use
the
> term "peer-to-peer file sharing"?

I use a couple of them, KaZaa lite mainly (which I think is at
http://www.k-lite.tk) . This actually comes bundled with a rather good
prieview app. which lets you view the file as it's downloading, very useful
to see if the quality is any good, and it handles DivX which the built in
KaZaa viewer doesn't. I am also trying WinMX which is really good for MP3s
but is a difficult interface and (as far as I have discovered) churns up a
load of results you don't want. A recent trawl for any rarities by The
Streets also gave me a load of superfluous results like "The Streets Have No
Name" by U2

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk