[thechat] "Name it" contest

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jan 15 08:21:01 CST 2003

Hi gang.

As some of my close evolter pals know, I shall soon be leaving the world of
web development, usability, etc. to pursue a totally different career.

I plan to open a restaurant serving South East Asian food.

Why? Because I've had a passion for cooking for 14 years. The only reason I
didn't take up a hospitality management course after school was that I
didn't want to make beds, clean rooms, learn French, etc. I just wanted to
cook. Over the years, I've cooked for friends, family, guests (both Indian
and foreign), and I've been asked repeatedly why I'm not in a business I
enjoy so much. Of course, IT is still exciting, but I want to be in a
business where I am truly the master. Even as a consultant without any
bosses, I still had to put up with crap. In a restaurant, what I decide
goes, and I think I can make it work.

Obviously, I've already started planning the whole thing, but my creative
juices aren't doing so well on finding a name for the place. I've thought
of a couple, but none of them jumped out at me screaming, "I'm the one."

So where do I go but to tap into the collective creativity of thechat? :)

I've uploaded a vision for my restaurant at
http://members.evolt.org/madhu/plan.htm
This describes the concept, cuisine, and the target market for the venture.
It will give you something to start with.
To see the names of other restaurants in Bangalore, please visit:
http://www.mouthshut.com/read.php?cid=926114

(I've done some calculations and the largest number of names start with
S-T, followed by C, and then G.)

Obviously, I don't expect this for free. Since I live in a third world
country (hehe), all I can offer is a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate if I
chose your name, with free meals thrown in if you ever visit Bangalore.

There's no point cluttering thechat with this, so please mail me offlist if
you think of something.

Thanking you,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy