Twins names (was Re: [thechat] "Name it" contest

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Jan 15 10:02:00 CST 2003

abbey asked before thinking:

>>O.k., now you have to share your suggestions for the little ones.

<snip>
>>I still wish we had named him Orlando instead of Alex -- has so much more
>>character.
</snip>

I dunno Abbey ... I think I still have knots on the back of my head from
Grandma swatting me ... I'd get as far as suggesting "Svetlana" and ...
*WHACK!*

Not a pretty site.

RonL.
Hey!  My middle name is Alexander and some say I'm a 'character'.
I'm named after my grandfather, who was definately a 'character':

When he has a young man his older brother Roy was stationed overseas
during WWII.  His brother's wife was about to deliver twins shortly before
he would get home from Europe, so he asked my grandfather to name the
little ones for him.

A few days after their birth my grandfather met his brother at the train
station ...

"Alex, it's great to see you!  How are the little ones?"

"They're fine Roy. Big and healthy. A girl and a boy."

"That's wonderful!  What are their names Alex?"

"The little girl I named 'Denise'."

"Awwww. That's a swell name. I knew you'd make good choices.
What's the boy's name?"

.