[thechat] Visual Studio 6 or Visual Studio .NET?

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Thu Jan 16 00:48:00 CST 2003

dont use either of those.....

If it is a beginners C++ course, I guess you wont
be writing any windows specific programs (using the
win32 API).

In that case you can even make do with turbo c++
3.0 (yeah! a dos IDE).

for win32 c++  programming i still use visual c++ 4.2,
the IDE is light years faster than vs 5, vs 6 or vs.net.

however i still  have a copy of visual c++ 1.52 (the
last 16 bit windows vc++ version), its again very
fast and good enough for creating console C++
programs.