[thechat] b&w photography

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu Jan 16 07:27:01 CST 2003

"Luther, Ron" wrote:

> Ken Kogler Kommented:
>
> >>I set up a tripod and framed the shot the way I wanted it... Then
> >>snapped a whole roll of film (24 pictures), each picture with slightly
> >>different settings...
>
> >>It's not so much talent as persistence. :)
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Ah!  The 'statistical' approach to photography!   ;-)

aha!

> This is where I have high hopes for digital photography.  I can 'burn'
> 100 pictures playing with the manual settings and see the results fairly
> quickly.

and the exposure measurements are saved automagically!

my worst complaint about the digital camera is that annoying lag between
pressing the trigger and the actual shutter firing! it's
anti-photography. my guess is that the CCD needs some time to get
charged with electrons or something along that line.