[thechat] "Name it" contest

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Jan 16 08:54:00 CST 2003

At 07:06 PM 16-01-03, Bob Davis wrote:
>There is a new Italian place here (San Antonio, TX) that occupies a
>store-front that used to be a launderette, and it's called Ciao
>Lavanderia. "Good-bye Launderette"

Any resemblance to that supposedly wonderful restaurant called The French
Laundry in Napa Valley?

It's freakin' expensive (Chef Thomas Keller has been called by some as the
best chef in the world), and you have to phone *exactly* two months in
advance (no more, no less) for a reservation. The phone lines open at 10:00
AM and by 10:30 AM, the tables are all booked. I'm not making this up.
Google and read more.

I'm not too fond of the "amuse bouche" and the "11 itsy bitsy courses"
concept. If the food's good, I want plenty of it. ;)
Then again, I don't fancy French food much. I haven't used butter in my
kitchen for a decade. :D

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy