[thechat] Now Corporations Claim The Right To Lie

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Thu Jan 16 12:13:01 CST 2003

They are like Roman Gods, Nike... powerful, decadent, proud.
Everyone who wears the swoosh on their chest or shoe or on their ass
flaunts just a bit of that arrogant Nike juice...

My understanding is that one of the biggest problems with naughty US
corporations is that they are increasingly regarded as having the
same legal "rights" as individual human beings.

In that context, it doesn't surprise me that a company like Nike
would claim such a thing.

Maybe someone can elaborate further.

Erika