[thechat] Re: b&w photography

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Jan 16 12:52:01 CST 2003

irina kruk wrote:

>>What do you all think of these pictures:
>>http://www.geocities.com/irinakruk/index.html

... and silly Ron wrote back:

Whoa!  Belated congratulations on the competitive award and gallery tour!!
Thats super!

Well first off ... I keep getting a 'runtime error' dialog box on the site
that is most annoying.

I downloaded one of the images to check the math and make sure the distorted
perspective I perceived was part of the artistic intent for the shot -- and
not a byproduct of something strange going on with the site. [Probably just
the smaller image sizes here throwing me off.]

I think I'd really rather see these in person.  For me, this style of art is
very individualistic ... I can look at a dozen Man Ray images; hate one, be
incredibly bored by ten more ... but be completely captivated by the twelfth.

I really don't think I'm getting the 'impact' from the site that I would get
seeing these full size in person.

Any future gallery displays that might be someplace I could pop in?

RonL.
(Again congrats!  National awards and gallery showings are quite an achievement!)