[thechat] Religious dependance

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Thu Jan 16 23:01:07 CST 2003

<aardvark wrote:>
> it's also hard to understand for a particular kind of
mindset... for
> people who are used to doing for themselves, who have learned
> question everything, who value logic and reason, those are hard
> things to understand...

Yes, they are hard things to understand.  I still question
everything and see things logically.  Christians still value
logic and reason (well, maybe not all of them...)  Blind faith is
not necessarily stupid faith.

> and here's my take... you have god... you put faith and trust
in god,
> and in turn god grants you opportunities and even rewards... i
just
> cut out the middle man... i put faith and trust in me, and give
> myself opportunities and rewards... i *prefer* to rely on
myself,
> except when i do truly need the help of others...
>
> and again, neither of those views results in a different
outcome...

Yes, here's where we differ.  I don't see God as a "good fairy"
who grants wishes to good little boys and girls.  But I am truly
awed and amazed at the things I can accomplish when I put my
trust in God and not in myself.  I'm only human.

Our views do result in different outcomes.  My life now is so
much richer and fuller than it ever has been.  I wouldn't trade
it for anything.

Michele Wandrei
inThree Design
www.inthree.com