[thechat] Religious dependance

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Fri Jan 17 02:02:01 CST 2003

I dont think its fair to outright dismiss what michael is trying to say.
I work with a colleague who some americans would probably call
a "saved brother".

I used to be very cynical of this guys attitude, however i have
found that sometimes he makes a lot of sense...

this guy has an unbelievable belief in *always*  telling the truth.
I remember an instance at the office, when I didnt  want to take a
particular phone call so I asked this dude to answer the phone
for me and tell 'em that i wasnt there.
surprisingly the guy refused saying that was tantamount to him
lying.  So I actually had to *leave* the room and stand outside --
so that he could answer the phone truthfully!

what i am trying to say is that the guy has an unshakeable belief
in the truth and honesty which has to be admired.
People are very cynical nowadays, this kind of positiveness is
very good IMO even if it stems from religion.

OK, we dont always get along smoothly (for e.g. my frequent use of
expletives  is offensive to him), however   i think he does also
apprec. my point of view sometimes.

(i am definitely not a religious person, I havent been to a temple in
the last 7-8 years.  however i am also not an atheist...)