[thechat] b&w photography

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Jan 17 15:11:10 CST 2003

Luther, Ron wrote:
>>>... using the LCD display is also deceiving. but it's
>>>a matter of getting used to it :)
>>>

> I agree:
>
> * The display != 100% takes some getting used to.
> * The delay between shutter release and activation takes some
> getting used to.
>
> Any other 'surprises' in going to digital?

I find that I frequently perfer using an LCD display to a viewfinder.
For one thing, there isn't parallax with an LCD.  I also don't like
using viewfinders when I'm wearing glasses.  There are obvious downsides
to LCD's, but I like them.  I'm not sure what you mean though by display
!= 100%.  It seems to be correct on my camera.  In fact, if I switch to
a 3:2 ratio mode to emulate 35mm, the LCD blacks out the top and bottom
so I can see things correctly.  I've got a Nikkon Coolpix 995.

Judah