[thechat] b&w photography

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Jan 17 17:02:01 CST 2003

Luther, Ron wrote:
> Hi Judah,
>
> Nice camera!  I recently bought the Nikon Coolpix 4500 -- which is
> pretty much the same camera.

It is a nice camera.  I had used a friends 750 and liked it.  I bought
the 995 right before the 4500 came out.  I got a great deal on a
refurbished model though.  One thing about it though is that the 750 had
some built in point and shoot mode presets for portraits, bright sun,
fireworks, etc.  I would have liked those on the 995 for quick pictures.
  The 995 does everything I want and more, it just makes me work a bit
harder to get it right.

> "The 995's LCD provides a frame coverage of 98% horizontally and
> 96% vertically (or approx. 2010 x 1482 pixels), anchored at the bottom
> left corner of the frame."
>
> So you end up getting a little bit more than you were expecting on the
> upper right corner of the composition ... that's where my
> display != 100% comes from.

Good info to know.  I read that review before I bought the camera.
Guess I didn't pay attention to that part.  I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks,
Judah