[thechat] keeping track of music?

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sun Jan 19 06:02:00 CST 2003

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns wrote:
> Just curious about how you all keep track of your music, whether music on
> your computer(s) or in physical collections. Have you been really good and
> set up a systemized catalog?

I just sort mine by artist, into seperate folders. Although, your idea
of sorting them in a database has intrigued me.. it should be easy to do
a mass-transfer too since the information is already in the ID3 tags.
Hmm, I've been looking for something to use Access for.

As for my actual music collection, I organise them by artist, in the
order of release, and order the artist's by sound. (Eg, Offspring to
Powderfinger, to Coldplay, to Placebo...)
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/