[thechat] b&w photography

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jan 21 10:12:00 CST 2003

Hassan Schroeder asks:

> Or use a camera with a manual focus.

>>>Are there any such things in digital? I mean with a control you
>>>can actually work in real time, *on the move*, with human hands?

Hi Hassan,

Yep - I think there are a number digital cameras that allow manual focus.

I think, as I believe you are noting above, that many of them have motorized
control over the manual focus ... meaning that you have to hit a tiny button
to move the focus in or out. Kind of a digital 'manual focus' arrangement.

However, I'm pretty sure there are some (maybe the Minolta Dimage line?)
that have manual 'manual focusing' where you turn a ring around the lens to
alter the focus.

HTH,

RonL.