[thechat] West Wing was: hot actresses (was: Jan 18 peace march)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 04:51:00 CST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Lauri Vain wrote:

> > That's his title, sure. But what's his *job*? What's his *role*?
> > What does he *do*?
>
> Most of the time he just mocks people :)

heh.

> Actually, it seems awfully lot like he's (de facto) a part of the
> communication office... he, Sam, Toby and CJ all seem to do the same
> thing with, except they handle different sides of the task.

Ah, but every time Josh appears in public, he messes up.

> > He doesn't do any chief-of-staffing, not even assisting Leo.
>
> It's a mystery... during campaigning he was playing a fixed role.

I can see he's useful to have around - particularly as a back-stairs fixer
(remember "The president's a good man who doesn't bear grudges [pause]
that's *my* job" although why do they need him as well as party whips..?)
- and it sounds like a bit of a 'create a job for him'.

Cheers
Martin