metric system (was Re: [thechat] Jan 18 peace march)

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Wed Jan 22 20:59:00 CST 2003

Howdy,

Actually I was only half-joking.  Isn't part of membership in the E.U.
standardisation of units for commerce?  Wasn't there a case recently of a
merchant facing fines due to selling produce in units like pounds and 'one
melon'?

http://users.aol.com/footrule/bananas.htm
http://www.ourcivilisation.com/weight/
http://users.aol.com/footrule/

My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I like it!

HTH  =)