[thechat] do you know what/who these two things are?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Jan 22 23:12:01 CST 2003

chris parker wrote:
> hello!
>
> i'm interested in seeing how many people are interested in these same
> two things that i am.
>
> 1. belle and sebastian
>
> they are my favorite band and afaik i have all of their records, as well
> as most of their singles. i also saw them live when they came to la
> two(?) years ago. they played at the wiltern theatre.

I know of belle and sebastian and have listened to some of the music.  A
bit too down tempo and artsy for my tastes.  Well done music, just not
my thing.

> 2. AE86 aka hachiroku aka trueno aka '85-'87 corolla gt-s
>
> who else out there is an ae86 enthusiast?

I'm a Subaru person myself.  Some day I will break down and buy a brand
new WRX.  I keep looking at some of the other nice cars out there, but
AWD and 230HP in a light-weight body is awfully hard to beat.  I know
that there are plenty of cars out there that can go faster but with the
WRX, all the power actually goes onto the road and not into tire spin.

Judah