metric system (was Re: [thechat] Jan 18 peace march)

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Jan 23 04:18:01 CST 2003

At 20:24 22/01/2003 -0500, Sean wrote:
>Howdy,
>Do we really want to live in a world without pints?
>
> >and that, my friend, is a real euro threat...

   Dude, Ireland's been metricised for 20 years. While I know inches and
feet to look at, and I know miles reasonably well, I don't know how many
yards are in a  mile (because it's some STOOPID number), and weights and
volumes in Imperial are a complete mystery to me. Except pints, which are
still used everywhere.

   You can have metric and pints. We do.

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com