[thechat] Verisign help

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:50:00 CST 2003

They just want to get you before you -think- about transfering
it to someone else. Tranfers within 30 days of expiration,
sometimes even within 60 days, are next to impossible. Even if
the expiration date is many months off, they're rejecting transfers
without any explanation. I have a client that has been trying to
tranfer a DN that is expiring in May, yet three times they've
rejected the transfer without comment. Still trying...

Go ahead and try to transfer it *now*. You'll pay for another
year at any receiving registrar. And if they reject it, keep
trying. I've seen some that aren't successful until the 5th try.

Hugh