[thechat] canada's new democratic party

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Sat Jan 25 15:58:00 CST 2003

... has just voted jack layton, a toronto city councillor, its leader

should be a fun federal election, with all parties fielding new leaders

(no, please don't ask me who the other party leaders are, i don't even want
to think about it)

layton has absolutely no federal experience

i met him several times back when i was a member and he the chair of the
toronto city cycling committee (
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/cycling/index.htm )

he's a pretty nice guy, but, sadly, a raging pinko

like so many other left wingers, he believes in taking more and more and
ever more of my money and giving it to whatever feelgood bleedingheart
wewantourhandout "underprivileged" group du jour that he, and his pinko
colleagues, think will give them the most exposure

fsck

this means the ndp will cause even more voters to gravitate to the liberals,
and that's awful

in his acceptance speech, he says the liberals "should be trembling now"

hardly, jacko -- i bet they're celebrating -- because the liberals have
their sights on capturing the right-of-center vote, and getting some
additional left-of-liberal-but-not-quite-commie votes is a godsend

too bad mike harris has packed it in

now there's a guy who knew how to deal with handouts

rudy