[thechat] Bowling for Columbine

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Jan 27 14:36:01 CST 2003

deke noted:

>>I've done *lots* of target practice in my life, and I've *never* seen a
>>shooting range except on TV and in the movies. We'd just go out behind
>>the barn and set up a row of tin cans and start plinking.

Heh! +1 on the tin cans!   ;-)

Hi Deke,

Just a quick note - outdoor shooting ranges are pretty common around Houston.
(Gee - what a surprise, eh?)

I remember seeing a few up North, but they were mostly in the basement of
gun shops.  [Except, of course, for the skeet courses ... those were outside.]

... and the "Y".  A looooooong time ago the "Y" used to offer classes in
archery and bb gun shooting to kids ... and they would have targets set up
inside.

RonL.
(Who was raised shooting guns ... and was a pretty good shot ... but doesn't
feel a real need to own one in suburbia.)