[thechat] Bowling for Columbine

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Jan 27 15:28:41 CST 2003

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 03:07 PM, Ben Dyer wrote:
> Ben's Wild Prediction(tm):

Erik's conditional pick:

If the WH continues to keep the lid on the now simmering WH scandals,
we're definitely screwed for at least another 4 years.

If the WH actually produces an Iraq "smoking gun" (fabricated or real),
enough Americans will continue to put blind trust in Repubs and
continue to be happily malnourished on a diet of plithy Republican
sound bytes of 100% meaningless catch phrases spouted between muscle
flexing and a wee bit of actual weight lifting.

If they can't tighten the lid on their shenanigans, many Repubs will
vote independent/Green as will many Dems (particularly if Sharpton runs
Independent, which seems to me infinitely more likely than being on the
Democratic ticket (although Sharpton as running-mate would be
interesting). ... so the Repubs even then would have a 50/50 chance of
keeping the WH.

Any thoughts on Sharpton as VP?

Erik Mattheis
(612) 377 2272