[thechat] When you're happy and you know it bomb Iraq

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Jan 28 12:39:18 CST 2003

>And they have this husband/wife combo of
>preachers (mr & mrs van-impe) who bear an uncanny
>resemblance to outer space aliens.

yes TV evangelists are generally evil but funny.  I used to get sick
fascination from watching Jerry Falwell as a teen.  Imagine my
delight when I discovered the Dead Kennedys had written songs about
him.

I enjoyed the 700 club when Tammy Fae would cry rivers of mascara,
and they really freaked me out the episode when they played the
records backwards.  "Another One Bites the Dust" changed to "It's fun
to smoke marijuana." (the song was about a killing spree?  but the
evil backwards message was about marijuana?)    And the backwards
voice was very satan-like.

TV evangelists as space aliens.. that may be the explanation!  (I
wonder what playing their sermons backwards could reveal...)

Erika