[thechat] Samurai Jack in Scotland

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 18:58:01 CST 2003

Last night I started reading the new Robert Jordan
book I just got for my 50th bd. Starting out real
good. Then my son turns on the tv and Samurai Jack
comes on. I'd only seen 2 or 3 partial eps and really
enjoyed them. I noticed that a lot of the names in
the credit were distinctly non-Asian names, btw.

Well, Jack is in a bit of a bar room brawl and this
big - real big - Scot shows up and helps him. Seems
they know each other from an earlier ep. The Celtic
Demons have kidnapped the Scot's wife and due to
tradition he's forbidden from asking for help from
any of his clansmen, but he can ask for help from a
stranger:

Scot: An' yooour the only stranger ah know!

Well, upon hearing this line I decide it's time to
put down the book and get into some Samurai Jack.
Upon arriving in the Highlands some of the clansmen
start making fun of Jack. Only line I remember is

Clansman:"But he's wearin' a dress!

I gotta say that I pretty much hurt myself laughing
at this episode. The other partials I'd seen were
good and amusing, but I hadn't expected comedy of
this level. I loved it.

Scot's Wife: Ah'm not FAT! Ah'm STOUT!! lalalalalala!

              lalalalalalalala!

Terry