[thechat] State of Union Address

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 28 22:40:01 CST 2003

>     "All told, more than 3,000 suspected terrorists have been
>      arrested in many countries. Many others have met a different
>      fate. Let's put it this way -- they are no longer a problem
>      to the United States and our friends and allies. (Applause.)"
>
> I feel ill.

+1

"suspected terrorists"

Nothing about justice, just about whether they are a problem to the US.

Bush always makes me think of the Red Dwarf episode on Wax World where
Rimmer is commanding an army of "good" wax characters against the evil side.
He leads them all to victory, via a slaughterfest in which they all die.

Rimmer makes a comment about how now the wax world has been rid of the evil
that dominated it.

Lister says something like "No Rimmer, you're still here."