[thechat] Business Software Alliance??

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed Jan 29 08:22:13 CST 2003

On Wed January 29 2003 7:16 am, Luther, Ron wrote:
> Hmmmm ... looks like Chicago is one of the 7 US cities they are currently
> targeting anit-piracy campaigns in; Chicago, Boston, Albuquerque, Dallas,
> Louisville, Harrisburg, Seattle.  Since it was a letter, my guess is that
> you got that as part of a generic mailing to businesses in Chicago and that
> it wasn't particularly 'personal'.
>
> {If it had been an on-screen message, I would have guessed that you got hit
> with the "Opaserv" worm.}

No, Ron, I didn't take it personal, but they have some sort of grace
period/sign-up they're offering, so I wasn't sure if this was one of those
*let's scare'em into subscribing* things or if they really could investigate
and fine companies. Hmm, does that mean I might have to vacuum the living
room? I wouldn't want investigators to get dog fur on their suits.