[thechat] State of Union Address

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Jan 29 14:15:00 CST 2003

John Handelaar wrote:

>And at the moment, Blair's
>looking like he's going to pull back if there's no
>explicit, additional, UN resolution.

that would be so cool, for once.
but is he man enough to handle the repercussions?
boy, has he not put himself in a hard space.

>Which puts the US entirely on its own.

TO RULE THE WORLD!!!
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

>This, for anyone not paying attention to international
>relations, history and Mid-East politics for the last
>40 years or so, would be a BAD thing for the United States.

We will make you all our slaves...
slaves to the American Way of Life(tm)!

what could be bad about that?

>The Sovs left 15 years ago.  Do they tell
>you things like this over there?  Or is Moscow next on the
>list after Baghdad?

Yes!!! On to Russia!!!!
(Works every time when you want to rule the world!)

>Actually Europe's mostly engaging in sending troops into
>Africa, ex-Yugoslavia and the like in order to try to stop
>millions of people dying from whatever they're dying from
>this week.
>And entirely on our own, since you lot are too f***ing cheap
>to help out,

Hey, we have AIDs education:  "Don't do drugs.  Don't have sex."
I think the African version may include: "use condoms."

>15% can't even find the sodding
>*US* on an atlas, nor (one assumes) their own arses with both
>hands.

actually, our asses are quite robust and easy to spot.

-----

I only heard the ending of the State of the Union on radio.
There must have been a lot of blood splattering off all those clapping hands.

Erika