[thechat] State of Union Address

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Jan 29 16:10:00 CST 2003

Lachlan wrote:
> Not if Howard has his way, the dick. Sure there'll be a parliamentary
> debate.. oh woops, did we send the troops off without one?

Yep. I can stand (well... sit) before you now and guarantee you that
there is know way known it will be a US-only military action, even
if the UK pulls out, because Australia will be there, front and
centre.

Horrifying for the pacifists amongst us, not just because we'll be going
to war, but we could end up giving an air of legitimacy to an operation
that would otherwise smell even more fishy. I mean, just having *two*
countries instead of one makes the position substantially more defensible.

(even if the defence force of one of those countries consists of three
blokes named Gavin and a particularly vicious sheep)

> Grr. I can't believe people vote for him..

Don't look at me.

P.