[thechat] Presentation of food

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Thu Jan 30 12:51:00 CST 2003

> What are your thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. Back in high school, I took my senior prom date to
a really fancy restaurant, and spent over $100 on the two of us (and
that's without alcohol cause we were too young to buy any wine :-). We
ended up stopping at Taco Bell after we left the restaurant because
neither of us were full.

The $7.00 Taco Bell meal was a lot more satisfying than the $100
shrimp-something we had. It's not that one was better -- the shrimp
thingy sure looked cool, and tasted incredible -- but since the Taco
Bell actually filled me up, it left me more *satisfied*. I think that's
the key.

Presentation is important, sure, but once you start eating, it gets all
messed up anyway, right?

--ken