[thechat] Presentation of food

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 30 17:01:00 CST 2003

Ape boy,

> While I'm aware of the importance of presentation in a dish (and therefore
> am practising food and veggie carving like a maniac), it bugs me that some

Carved vegetables, as wonderful as they are, are overrated IMHO. Some of the
presentation here is superb, and involves no carving. But then I guess
carved carrots and the like are very typically Asian.

> For instance, check this out:
> http://www.roysrestaurant.com/menu_entrees.html

They look fine to me. Add an entree (appetiser to the rest of you freaks),
and perhaps a dessert and you're happy.

> Look at those portions. I'd finish that in less than 60 seconds.
> What's the point?

I find that it encourages you to take your time, appreciate the flavours,
and savour the experience.