[thechat] Presentation of food

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Jan 31 06:58:01 CST 2003

Martin Burns wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, javier velasco wrote:
>
> > from, and have small portions of each. This was beautifully represented
> > in the chinese movie "Man, Woman, Eat & Sex" (iirc the name of the
> > film).
>
> http://us.imdb.com/Title?0111797
>
> Is that a translation of the title it was released under in Chile? If so,
> I like it better than the title they used in the UK/US...

no, i catually made that up, it was just my terrible memory trying to
remeber the english name.

the english translation of the name they used for it here is "to eat, to
drink & to love"

> > Good coffee is also cool, turkish style, please.
>
> /me sups coffee made on his stovetop espresso maker...
> http://www.espressopeople.com/espressomachines/bonmilano6/details

oh, those are nice, my parents had one of those since they got married.

i have a normal electric cofee maker, but it's the grains what maek the
difference ;)

http://www.isibr.com/products/melitta/

BTW: it's been already 3 weeks since i've discarded sugar from my
morning cofee :)

> > There was another place
> > I went -  in brazil iirc -  where they had this glass thing where they
> > prepared the coffe on top of your table, you could see the water boiling
> > and going up through this tube to the cofee recipient, and then pour
> > itself into a second one turned into coffee.
>
> One of these?
> http://www.coffeestorehouse.com/Sub_coffeemaker.htm

close, it was the same principle, but it was made in a more artsy
blown-glass style.