[thechat] Presentation of food

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 31 18:10:14 CST 2003

At 09:00 PM 31-01-03, Ben Dyer wrote:
>I was wondering about this, though: how many expensive restaurants get
>repeat business?  I mean, maybe for business clients, but how many
>restaurants do you end up going to only once?  If you know you're not going
>to get repeat business, why bother with the service, maybe?

I've been to too many expensive places that served crap.

Why, just today, I gave a nice whipping to the manager of a Chinese
restaurant in a 5-star hotel. They had a lunch buffet, and seeing that it
was the Chinese New Year and all that, they should've had some decent food.
While there were many dishes, the quality was poor. But this restaurant
serves excellent a la carte food.

So when the dude asked me to fill up the "how happy are you" form, I rated
it accordingly. And he came running to me, asking what was wrong. Spent 10
minutes explaining what was wrong with each dish. :))

That was fun. The poor fella looked miserable at the end of it all.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy