Steaks --- was: Re: [thechat] Presentation of food

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Fri Jan 31 19:04:00 CST 2003

Quackamoe wrote:
> So, what are some
> other cuts that "are like butter"? Maybe when I get my
> income tax refund I'll celebrate with a GOOD steak.

I always get the tenderloin. That's what they make filet mignon out of. It's
usually a much smaller cut, but it's healthier not to eat a huge steak, it
melts in your mouth and it's worth the extra few bucks. Depending on the
price per kg (or lb depending on where you are), with the smaller cut, it
might not be any more $$ than your usual steak, but it'll be smaller.

My husband used to buy cheap steaks. No more. I converted him to the
tenderloin. Mmmm... seared on the bbq, with some Montreal Steak Spice,
medium rare - oh... so... good... I can't wait for summer.

Tara