[thechat] Presentation of food

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 19:30:00 CST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Ben Dyer wrote:

> >Did you send it back? (try that in your average branded chain...)
>
> They offered to "warm it up."

No, not good enough. Then you've got a *truely* burned steak on the
outside, even if it's right in the middle.

That's a 'start again from fresh'.

> That's about the service level I expect of a Steak & Ale, not an expensive
> place.

Yep.

> I was wondering about this, though: how many expensive restaurants get
> repeat business?

All the expensive restaurants I've had a good experience in I've got on my
'go back' list. Some which if *I* were paying personally would be
expensive - but are reasonable if on expenses - I've been to on a weekly
basis when working away in the same place for months on end.

And I *always* get good service from those. Knowing just how much you're
worth is a useful bargaining tool.

Cheers
Martin