Steaks --- was: Re: [thechat] Presentation of food

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 31 23:00:01 CST 2003

At 05:39 AM 01-02-03, Tara Cleveland wrote:
>I always get the tenderloin. That's what they make filet mignon out of. It's
>usually a much smaller cut, but it's healthier not to eat a huge steak

Tenderloin is a very tender cut, but not the most flavourful. I use it for
stir-fries.

Tons of information about beef cuts is here:
http://www.foodsubs.com/Meats.html

Foodsubs.com is also a wonderful site on other things food-related, btw.

How do some of you eat raw beef (Steak tartare, sushi...)? I canna
understand that.

Regards,

Madhu
(who likes his steak Medium well - when he has a steak, that is.)