[thechat] Presentation of food

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sun Feb 2 20:04:00 CST 2003

Paul Cowan wrote:
> Generally (at least in Melbourne -- this may be subject to regional
> variations), it's considered in most vaguely classy (in fact, most
> non-slummy) restaurants that the decision NOT to tip is a conscious
> decision due to poor service, rather than a few years ago when the
> decision to tip at all was due to exceptional (or at least better-
> than-average) service.

Generally if i'm eating out I pay using notes, and I'll just leave
whatever change is there as a tip, so how much they get just depends on
how close I can come to paying the meal cost with what I'm carrying.
That said, I haven't been to a place where the service has been bad
enough that I'd not leave anything.

Probably also helps that I work in a restaurant myself, even if it is
out the back.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/