Injuries (was RE: [thechat] Q for UK/Irish listers)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 22:24:00 CST 2003

Cheers Madhu

Lots of bruises and cuts (judging by the number of stud marks on my back and
legs I spent far too much time at the bottom of rucks).  Unfortunatly my
knee is playing up (I didn't strap it up) and as a result I can't sleep :(
although it does mean I'm doing the work that I was going to get up early to
do.

On the subject of injuries I've got a rather baffling problem with my hands
at the moment, and I wondered if anyone  on the list might have had anything
similar.  Basically I've lost a lot of flexibility in my hands.  I find it
hard to flex my wrists (down is harder then up), and making a fist is a real
trial (infact almost impossible). The backs of my hands are also swollen,
although not particularly tender. It doesn't appear to be brought on by
typing,and I try to be in as ergonomic a position as possible.  I've already
seen a physiotherapist but they were baffled by it. I'm off to see a
Rheumatoligist (I'm sure thats not spelt right) but I don't hold out great
hopes.  So if anyone's got any suggestions I can prompt my GP with I'd be
very grateful to hear them.

Norman