[thechat] Prof refuses recommendation if you don't believe in evolution

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:55:01 CST 2003

>> The problem is, you see my view as tainted by faith. I try my
>> damndest to keep the two separate...
>
> No, I don't.  I'm just used to hearing the argument from creationists
> that, if we accept the Bible literally, blah blah.  That doesn't hold
> much water for me in terms of examining scientific evidence.  So, I
> wanted to nip that in the bud before it happened.

<%
  while not world.eof
    argue()
  wend
%>

;-)

I concede this point: most creationists are wrong. They're the biggest
bunch of immature closed-minded people I know. Then again, the same
could be said for some of my science professors throughout the years...

The bible says God created the earth. It doesn't give us the specifics.
Some people believe in instantaenous creation, some believe that God
created evolution.

Some people believe that God *didn't* create the earth, but believe in
evolution anyway. Some people believe this is all some sort of cosmic
joke (didn't Douglas Adams say something like that in Hitchhicker?)...

I don't think it matters at all. I just like to argue. :)

--ken

(is there any religion that doesn't attribute our creation to the higher
power(s) officially endorsed by that religion? Besides Atheism, of
course...)