[thechat] Aeron or not?

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Tue Feb 4 15:33:42 CST 2003

Tony wrote:
> I quite fancy a Herman Miller Aeron, but I detect a subtle "they're
> alright, but I didn't like mine in the end" tone from some of the
> comments I read.
>
> What's the consensus?
>
> Are they as good as they sound?

Well, it depends on who's describing them. If you're getting your advice
from .jeff, the answer is no, it won't make you dinner and it won't rub your
feet -- he's just delusional.

However, it's a damn fine chair; probably the most comfortable work chair
I've ever sat in.

(The MegaCorp I used to work for ended up buying hundreds of them for the
service & support staff -- not only a good investment in employees' backs,
but also an excellent internal PR move. We all felt pleased to have these
gifts bestowed upon us, until we remembered that they were still jerking us
around. I sure wish I could've taken that chair with me when I left,
though...)

> Or is there something better?

Probably. I have no idea what it would be. It would have to involve lots of
NASA space foam and a built-in massager.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net