[thechat] Journey of Man

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 21:08:00 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 01:32, Erika Meyer wrote:

> He is able to determine what DNA patterns are the oldest and by doing
> so he is  able to find a bushman tribe in Africa he thinks are the
> most direct descendants of the first man.

First *woman*.  Assuming this is the thing about tracking
mytochondrial DNA (I have NFI about this but used to go out
with a woman with a PhD in Anthropology), the logic was
that there could indeed be an 'Eve'. For reasons I forget,
'Adam' didn't exist.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com