[thechat] Who's have thought it?

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 05:18:00 CST 2003

'Ello, thechat...

> A friend (who became a friend quite recently as the
> friend of a friend of my SO, despite having previously
> been an evolter whose name I not only recognised,
> but is in London and who I once spoke to on the
> phone about some server problem or other [breathe...])

It's so handy to have friends of friends of friends' SO's in high places
with groovy @evolt email addresses. Especially when they give fine telephone
support advice such as (iirc) "switch to 'nix."

> was telling me the other day about 'getting into trouble'
> for something to do with <tips> on the list and OT
> postings a long time ago.

Was quite a while ago, now that you mention it. I seem to have been on evolt
hiatus for over a year. Tsk, tsk. If I recall correctly, "TRIM your SODDING
repiles to thelist!" was the tip that hastened my off-listiness...

> Anyway:

Happy Beevolt Anniversary, London!
Happy birthday, thechat!
Hi, John :-)