[thechat] Who's have thought it? / New topic: Hoon now in George's pocket, too

David Wagner dave at macrovista.net
Wed Feb 5 22:46:00 CST 2003

Erika wrote:
> > Sabrina, what they *really* like is when you give tips that include
> > PMS remedies.  Yes, that wins their hearts every time.

Sabrina responded:
> Why didn't I ever think of that? Or perhaps something like:
>
> <tip>PMS Pink is *not* the great colour scheme you think it is three days
> month.</tip>

I'd like to think that I speak for all of us men (or, as my roommate calls
us, "the dangle people") on thechat when I squirm uncomfortably and change
the subject. :)

No, seriously, I'm all for a stronger dose of female influence on this list.
Not that those of you who are here aren't doing an excellent job... just
that us male-geeks can have a tendency to get kinda carried away with our
male-geekness, and the head-butting and such can get a little dull.

Anyhoo, a warm welcome to you, Sabrina, and the other recent additions to
our little love/hate-fest.

Now, to start a new argument:
Who runs the British Empire these days, anyway? I got the feeling quite
awhile ago that Tony Blair was being paid off by someone in the Pentagon,
but I didn't know that the corruption was so widespread.

Yahoo/Reuters: "Britain Formally Agrees to U.S. Missile Defense"
http://tinyurl.com/5ego

Mind you, I don't keep up with UK politics all that well, so my perceptions
might be totally off.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net